Back on New Year’s Eve, we announced that we (Richard and I) were going to attempt to write a combined 1,000,000 words in 2021. I attempted it solo last year, and failed miserably. (Thanks pandemic!) Now we’re halfway through the year, but we’re not halfway through our words. Oops…
Here’s an update of where we are right now.
- At the end of January, we were 50,755 words behind.
- At the end of February, we were 103,412 words behind.
- At the end of March, we were 168,395 words behind.
- At the end of April, we were 85,609 words behind.
- At the end of May, we were 158,227 words behind.
- At the end of June, we are now 206,038 words behind. Oops.
We didn’t do a great job of getting back on the wagon after Camp. Oh well. But we’re both a little more free to write in July and our Camp NaNo goals are to write 100,000 words each. If we do, we’ll only be about 94,000 words behind. That’s a more do-able amount to handle. So we’ll see, maybe we’ll write even more than that since we’ve planned a solid week-long writing retreat! Here’s to catching up and having fun doing it!