Every time I have written “Tuesday” today, I’ve missed a letter. Oy! Here we go:
1. Picture the child you once were, what did that child do very well?
I was a good student. I was always close to my teachers and did everything everyone asked of me. For better or worse, I always said yes! (I even somehow found myself volunteering for an abstinence education group even though I was already sexually active myself! But someone asked, and I said yes!)
2. What are you really good at now?
Saying no! I’ve tried really hard, especially recently, to learn my limits (in and out of the bedroom), and make sure that I say no when I’ve hit my limit.
3. Did you ever expect love in return and not get it?
I don’t know that I can say I ever “expect” love. It’s lovely to have it, and sometimes I wish for it or am hopeful for it and have had it not returned. But I don’t feel like it was ever an expectation.
4. Who do you need to get in touch with because it has been so long?
Oh jeeze. I have friends I should probably get in touch with. I missed the window with a family friend who passed away, and I’ve tried to learn from that mistake and stay in touch with people, but I’m imperfect.
5. What are your thoughts on this: “Every woman deserves her special day. I get that. But does it really have to cost so much fucking money? I mean, c’mon. If you’re serious about building a future with a guy, why bankrupt him?”
Oh interesting. Well, I mean, I like to be spoiled (and I think I am pretty spoiled), but it doesn’t have to be financial. Just like when I put my feet in my boyfriend’s lap and he rubs them automatically, I feel loved and special. That doesn’t cost him anything. Or when my husband drops me off at the door to a restaurant because he knows my feet are bothering me. That doesn’t cost him anything.
Plus, I think there has to be a balance. I spoil my partners just as much as they spoil me, or I try to anyway. We don’t “keep score.”
Bonus: What is your number one priority?
Myself. I don’t want to sound selfish, but I have learned over the past few years that if I don’t take care of myself, I have nothing to give to others.
2 thoughts on “TMI Tuesday”
Thanks for sharing =)
I agree with your answer at the bonus question.
LikeLiked by 1 person