Today is Macaroon day. Macaroon NOT Macaron, the french cookie. Did you know if you search Macaroon a bunch of pictures of Macaron pop up? It takes a deeper dive to find a single photo of the coconut-y, mini cake.
Did you know that the word macaroon comes from the Italian word maccarone, meaning paste?
On with the MACAROON celebration for TMI Tuesday.
1. Have you eaten a macaroon? Did you like it?
Jayden: I…don’t remember. I feel like I did, and I didn’t like it. It might have been coconut, which I don’t like.
Richard: Once or twice, but I also don’t like coconut.
2. Do you prefer a coconut macaroon or the original almond paste version?
Jayden: I don’t like coconut, so probably almond paste, but I don’t love that either.
Richard: The original
3. Have you made macaroons? Share your recipe if you’d like.
Jayden: Nooope! Not my thing. 🙂
Richard: I have not.
4. To jazz up a basic macaroon–egg whites, sugar, and coconut–which of the following will you add?
b. fresh fruit or fruit preserved
Jayden: Cinnamon. All sweets are better with cinnamon.
Richard: Cinnamon, so Jayden will eat them and I don’t have to.
5. Would you rather eat a macaroon or macaron?
Jayden: I don’t know. I don’t care for either, honestly. I guess a macaron because there are more flavor options.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!