I present to you TMI Tuesday!
1. Does your smartphone have a grip on you? In one hour, how often do you check your phone?
a. I am glued to my phone. I check it every 1-2 minutes; it is satisfying.
b. I check it 1-2 times per hour.
c. I check my phone only when I get notifications, and I don’t get many.
d. I check at lunch time and at the end of the day mostly, unless I get a notification.
Jayden: (a) when I’m not working, (b) when I am working
Richard: (e) I often don’t know where my phone is.
2. Israeli spyware Pegasus* marketed and sold to other governments is used to spy on activists, journalists, and political leaders. Do you believe hackers are monitoring your smartphone?
Jayden: I’m sure someone is. I hope they like kinky memes and geeky things.
Richard: I believe being monitored is the purpose of my smartphone.
3. When in flight, on an airplane, do you put your phone in flight mode?
Jayden: Yeah, we’re supposed to, right?
Richard: I think I usually just turn it all the way off. It’s easier.
4. What is the lock on your smartphone?
a. facial recognition
c. numerical code
e. I don’t lock my phone
Jayden: (d). I used to have (a), but I never set it up with my new phone, and I had (b) but it didn’t work right, so I gave up.
5. Do mobile phones interfere with your relationship(s)? How?
Jayden: I don’t think so. Richard makes me put it down sometimes when I’m Doom Scrolling.
Richard: I don’t think so. Neither of us are on them enough for it to be a major problem.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!